Monday, November 16, 2009

My Mom's Visit



Last week it rained and rained and rained. On Saturday, my mother, (who was visiting for the week) Maya and I went shopping and then my mother and I went to a baby shower so Sunday was the first nice day we were able to enjoy outside. We spent it on a hike at the North Carolina Botanical Garden.
On our hike, my mother learned how to play Star Wars. She was Chewbacca and I think she loved the game ;) The fall colors have mostly faded, but we did find some bright spots. Back in the garden, we played chess on the giant chess board, found fairies and watched the water fall from the fountain.

Today, she volunteered in Guillermo's class, helping some of the kids finish their family trees. Guillermo's family tree was already finished and he was at another center, but he was still pretty proud to have her at his school.

Oh, and this week, Guillermo learned to tie his shoelaces! Hooray.

No comments: