Thursday, April 5, 2012

A Day at the Beach

Hooray! We are at the beach!

Spring Break, Day 2: We took a day trip to Wrightsville Beach on Tuesday and I am so glad we went. After dropping our gear on a spot in the sand, G and M raced to the water, the cold, cold water. Guillermo didn't mind it at all, but Maya hung back a bit (I snapped the picture above right as we arrived).

Throughout the day, we made three sandcastle villages decorated with seashells, only to have the water wash over and destroy each of them. The kids didn't seem to mind too much. They turned it into another battle game. At one point, both kids threw sand at the waves approaching the castle, trying to defeat the enemy. Guillermo played a lot in the water, getting soaked to his head. He tried to urge me in as well. I hate to be holdout when Guillermo and Maya want me to play, but I couldn't get in past ankle-deep. That water was cold. Toward the end of the day, we walked to the pier and then headed back home. I am so happy we took the time to spend a day at the beach.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a fun day. Looking forward to going to the beach with them this summer.