Saturday, August 16, 2008

Slippa, Slippa baby

Maya and Guillermo at Will's office on Friday.

A few years ago, as Guillermo and I were walking into Target, Guillermo came up with a new song. "Slippa, slippa baby. Slippa, slippa baby." Catchy, I know. Later we added this: "Slip, slip baby." The full song now goes like this: "Slippa, slippa baby. Slippa, slippa, baby. Slip, slip baby, slippa, slippa baby."  

Last night, Guillermo came up with a new song and I think the lyrics fit perfectly with "Slippa, slippa baby." 
His new verse: Pop, pop canoodlie (as in can-noodle-e). 

Put it all together now: "Slippa, slippa baby. Slippa, slippa baby. Slip, slip baby. Pop pop canoodlie, pop pop canoodlie. Slippa, slippa baby." 

If I could sing well, I'd add audio but believe me, you don't want to hear me song. Nobody wants to hear me sing, except my 12-year-old neighbor, and that's just because she wants to make fun of me. She heard me sing once (because even though I sound horrible, I sing all the time) and said I wasn't that bad. To that, Guillermo declared: "Yes, she is." Both my kids ask me (or shout at me) to stop singing but that usually just makes me sing louder. 

Anyway, I'll try to record Guillermo singing "Slippa, slippa baby" tomorrow and add it so you can sing along. I know you want to.

2 comments:

erinjohn said...

i can't wait for the audio version! and i'm sure your singing can't be THAT bad :)

Anonymous said...

I've heard you sing. Guillermo is right. You can't sing but then neither can I.
Love,
Mom