Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Rock and Roll


"I love to paint Easter eggs!"


"These are battle eggs!"

Maya woke up first today.
I kept her in her room until Guillermo woke up so she didn't see her Easter surprises before he saw his.
She was excited to see what the Easter bunny brought but as I changed her into a "beautiful Easter dancing dress" she became a little concerned.

"The Easter bunny doesn't know I'm beautiful," she said.
"I told him," I reassured her.
A little later they both were pleased with their baskets. Guillermo found two Lego sets and a batman coloring book. Maya found a green and white soccer ball, sidewalk chalk and a Dora coloring book.
My parents sent them eggs with cash inside and that made Guillermo pretty happy, happy enough that he declared "rock and roll." Maya was more excited about the M&Ms they sent.

The Easter bunny had hid eggs outside. Maya's were hid on one side of our house and Guillermo's on the other to make sure that Maya didn't come up empty handed.

We had friends over for brunch and then set up the bouncy castle. Maya was crashing from hard from her sugar high so we finished off the visit with a little bit of Peep jousting. It wasn't as impressive as I've seen on Youtube, but it still was entertaining. The orange peep chick easily defeated the purple one.

"Let's go find the eggs!"

2 comments:

Amy P said...

Is that what Guillermo's hair looks like when he wakes up? Because that's EXACTLY what mine looked like this morning!!

Anonymous said...

Tell Maya that I know that she is beautiful and that I love talking to her on the phone. Love G's hair!! New doo or bed head? Tell them both hello and that we love them.
Mom