Thursday, July 29, 2010

Fabyliss


I think all of the Fancy Nancy books we've been reading to Maya are starting to have some effect on her.

For the past several nights when I've come into Maya's room before I went to bed, I've found my daughter asleep (like she should be), but wearing rings, necklaces and bracelets. Last night, she even had on a headband with a giant white and peach flower on it.

It started after we set up a new bookshelf in her room and placed her jewelry box on top of it. The shelf is low enough that she can reach the box. It turns out that after I tuck her in, she sometimes gets up, retrieves her box and starts making herself fancy. I let her sleep with the jewelry on, except the necklaces.

Today when she woke up, she had put the necklace on again and came out in her pajamas. "I look fabyliss, don't I papa?" she asked him. "Fabyliss."

She didn't stop there. Later, in the car with Guillermo and me, Maya declared "We are all beautiful and handsome in here."

Indeed, we are ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maya, you are indeed beautiful and fancy!
Love you,
YaYa