Friday, July 23, 2010

Living Room Sleepover


We are settling in for another living room sleepover. If Will is out of town on a weekend night, Guillermo, Maya and I plan a family sleepover: Movies, snacks and living room tents.

Guillermo and Maya started setting up this morning, loading all of their blankets, pillows and stuffed animals to the living room. When I got home from work, Guillermo had filled his tent with midnight snacks, plastic lemons.

I made the mistake one time of sleeping on the floor with the kids and barely got any sleep. The next time, I planned to sleep on the couch but both kids wanted to join me, so we ended up in my bed. Tonight, Guillermo has made a tent behind the couch and Maya has spread out in front of it.

I'm in the middle. Let's hope I get some sleep or I'll have to cancel the tradition.

(Update: I slept all night and woke only once because of terrible animal screams coming from the forest behind my house.)

No comments: