Sunday, October 3, 2010

Abracadabra


Guillermo has signed up for the Principal's Challenge again this year. We left it completely up to him, but I'm glad he decided to do it.

Last year, I thought we had convinced him that this year's topic should be food. It would have been so easy to come up with 25 activities related to food. I had it all mapped out.

This year, he couldn't remember that we had even discussed having food as a topic. He asked me to give him some ideas so I did: North Carolina, Spanish, Space, I think I named a few countries, including the United States of America.

"How about magic?" he asked. "I want to do it on magic."

So it is settled. Today, for our first activity, we had a brainstorming session where we talked about what we know about magic, some magicians we know (real and fiction) and what their magic powers are.

We're also finishing up a book from one of his favorite series, "Secrets of Droon," and are going to make a magician's cloak together.

I think this is going to be a great topic.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You will have to look for a magic show to come to Raleigh. Perhaps a magic kit for Christmas. There is a kid's biography of Houdini that you could read to him. I'm proud of him for choosing to do the President's Challenge again.