Saturday, October 2, 2010

Texas Fighting


Maya gets all of my neice's hand-me-downs and boy are we lucky. Maya is the best-dressed kid around, if I do say so myself. She always has been (Thanks Julie!).

The latest box of hand-me-downs came yesterday. A big box full of 4T clothes. Maya helped me unload the box, until she found a pair of cowboy boots that fit her perfectly. Then, she was done helping. She was ready to play.

We went outside so she could show off her "Texas" cowboy boots to Will. Then, she picked up the noodles that we use for light saber battles, and wanted to fight, "Texas style."

"Let's pretend that you don't know me and you want to fight me and you see that I am really good at Texas fighting," Maya says to me. I agree and get into character and we battle.

"Wow, you are good," I tell her. "Where did you learn to fight like that?"

"My whole family is good at Texas fighting. My papa, my brother, my mama. We're really good at Texas fighting," she told me as the battle ensued. She later won and declared herself the champion of Texas fighting.

Today, she asked me to help her put her boots on again. "Now I'm ready to go to Texas with papa one day. We could all go as a family vacation. Does everyone in Texas wear boots like this?"

"Not everyone wears boots," I answer.

"Only the really good people do, right?" she responds.

I think it's time we get Guillermo a pair now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Texas fighting huh? - you can tell she has an older brother. Glad she liked the clothes. It is so much fun to see all of Lily's clothes on Maya. It brings back good memories of Lily.