Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving

Our Thanksgiving started with a Kids Fun Run (not with the adults 8K because I wasn't up for it) and ended with us watching Pokemon on the big screen at our house. In between, I went for a run, Will, Maya and I cooked and baked (maya made cute little pumpkin pies), we all ate a wonderful meal and I introduced my kids to Elle Woods. Maya adored her. Guillermo liked the story, well, just a little bit, he said. (To be fair, it was Legally Blonde 2, definitely the lesser of the two movies). It was a perfect day. And, I'm now fired up to run the 8K next year.

Go Guillermo!
Showing off their ribbons
Maya with the two pies, apple and pumpkin, that she helped me bake. Her little pumpkin pies were in the oven.

Guillermo chose the leg. Since we had just bought a turkey breast instead of the whole turkey, we decided to buy legs just for Guillermo, and then we made a "Medieval marinade" for them. The legs turned out pretty good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pics. Guillermo looks like he has fast feet. The pies look yummy! Maya is a great baker. Love those kids.