Sunday, November 28, 2010

When You Were A Kid


"Did you live in this house when you were a kid?" Maya asked me yesterday.

"No, I lived in a different house," I answered.

"OK, tell me what your room looked like," she said.

"It had yellowish/gold carpet and I had a white and yellow bedspread with flowers and a doll on it," I answered.

"Where was your bedroom?"
"Upstairs, first door on the left."
"Which way is left?"
"This way."
"OK, tell me about your house. When you first walked in the house," Maya asked. "What did it look like?"
"You were in a foyer and you could either go upstairs or downstairs."
"If you went upstairs, what did you see?"
The living room was this way, the dining room was this way and then you could enter the kitchen. Or, you could turn the other way and go up another set of stairs, where the bedrooms were."
"What did the upstairs look like?"
"The first door was the bathroom. If you kept walking, ya ya and grandpa's bedroom was at the end of the hall."
"Wait, which side of the hallway?"

And on and on and on, she asked questions, just like a reporter. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She is like a reporter. The next time she comes to my house, we can show her pictures of the house that you grew up in and some pictures of you when you were her age.