Saturday, February 18, 2012

Today is a Good Day


Today is a really good day, at least so far.

While Will is picking up his new car (more on that when the car arrives), I am home with the kids on a beautiful Saturday afternoon. I inflated the bouncy house for Maya, while Guillermo played with a friend.

Then, she and I and a neighbor went in the woods behind our house to see the boys' fort and then walked with with the boys deeper in the woods. The boys wanted to come home a different way than us, so I left Maya! with them and came home with the neighbor. It turned out OK. When I went in the back yard, there they were, back in their fort.

Maya came in a little bit later for a quick break. They were playing a game. The boys were the guards and she, of course, was the princess.

"It's being a really good day out there," Maya said. "And mom, you know what. I am the only one who found a slug, a dirty brown slug. We are pretending it's my magical healing power."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love hearing about your good days. Guillermo and Maya have such good imaginations.