Sunday, July 20, 2008

Photo catchup

Guillermo, in front of our house
Maya, outside our house
Princess Maya, getting ready for bed
My hipster son
Showing off his castle

We had a low-key weekend and that was wonderful. I've had two migraines in four days and needed a break. I got one. I've napped every day since Thursday and am finally feeling better. We took the kids to the track this morning. I ran while the kids played and then Will and I convinced them to play a game that had them running back and forth on the track over and over and over again. Migraine number two started to kick in so I drove home with Maya while Guillermo and Will stayed and walked home later. It's about a mile, a pretty good walk for a 4-year-old but Will said he didn't complain, of course it helped that when he stopped to play with a friend who had been gone all summer he also got a handful of gummy bears to give him the energy to make it home.

Later, Will took him to the kid's museum, where I had signed him up for a castle building workshop.  They stopped at the comic book store on the way home. Guillermo is a horrible secret keeper and later told me they also stopped at the mediterranean deli, where he got an orange drink that was really cold and good. Guillermo was wiped out tonight! And, somehow I led Maya to believe that we would be swimming in the morning and that girl doesn't forget anything so I need to find a pool we can splash in first thing. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

the get lovelier everyday!!
i am so sorry to hear about your migraines. mine would get so bad that they would wake me up at night. i did acupuncture, 5 sessions, haven't had a migraine in 7 months; even after my mother passed away. and it doesn't hurt at all!! actually kind of nice b/c you get about 30-40 minutes of absolute alone time!!
over the counter stuff works well, too. i used to take the excedrine migraine meds. get some rest.

love you all!!

tia jen

Anonymous said...

maya looks so big in that pic of her outside of the house in the navy dress. i can't believe she and finn haven't met each other yet! 4 weeks to go for me and i'll have one last kiddo. yea! i hope all is well. tell wil we say hello.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love seeing pictures of your kids! And it's an extra treat that there's Crepe Myrtle blossoms all over the ground in some of them. I miss Crepe Myrtles. I don't think they'd make it in Iowa.