Saturday, March 7, 2009

Hey Hey


Guillermo's soccer team is the monkees.

Guillermo had his first soccer game of the season today. He did great. Well, he did well. I think he has gained my noncompetitive spirit, which is good and bad. He is great on defense and stopped a lot of goals. But on offense, well, he has some work to do. He can take the ball away from someone but isn't focused enough to get it to the other end of the field. The main thing, though, he had fun. A lot of fun, and he looked like he knew what he was doing. 

I smiled this afternoon as we were playing in our yard. He was still wearing the teal soccer shirt from this morning, and I know he'll be wearing it all day every Saturday for the next few months. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go Monkees! I'm glad that Guillermo likes soccer. Sports should be fun and non competitive at this age. What great exercise for him. Wish we could see his game. Maybe someday.
YaYa