Sunday, May 24, 2009

Easy Like Sunday Morning



We went camping again this weekend and this time, we were a bit more adventurous.

A friend organized a camping trip at the Eno River State Park for several families from our neighborhood. We were skeptical at first about going. We borrowed a tent so the whole family could go but we were wary of the hilly 3/8ths of a mile hike into our camp site. I have tons of fun childhood memories of our annual week- to 10-day-long camping trips, but we never had to haul our gear to our spot. Instead, we parked right next to our tent.

I'm glad we decided to go. Six families went. Saturday afternoon we waded in the river and climbed moss-covered rocks. Saturday we played in another part of the river and I took the kids for a ride in our friends' inflatable boat. We hiked, roasted hot dogs and, of course, marshmallows, and had a lot of laughs.


The best part of the whole weekend was snuggling up with Maya as I tried to put her to bed Saturday night. "I love you so much, mama. Like Sunday morning."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nat,
This blog reminds me so much of our family camping adventures. I'm glad that your family likes to camp too. Some of my best memories are with you, Julie,your dad, and the rest of the Trout Valley crew.
Maya is looking more and more like you. And Guillermo is growing up so fast. Can't wait to see them.
Love, Mom