Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I love s'mores

I took Guillermo and Maya camping over the weekend, and it was my kind of camping.

Originally, it was supposed to be a camping trip for just Guillermo and me, but Maya really wanted to come so she joined us. Will stayed home because our tent is just too small.


Our tent is the little one, in the middle of the normal-sized tents.

We camped at The Farm and it was sort of the kind of camping I grew up doing. We parked our car right in front of the tent so we didn't have to hike with our gear anywhere. The kids ran around and played and then we went to the campfire (made by one of The Farm staffers) and the kids made s'mores (one of my favorite treats, ever!) . The staff had also set up a few games like a beanbag toss and croquet that the kids played with later.


Getting ready to roast marshmallows

We almost had to bail on camping at bedtime because G got upset that he didn't have any stuffed animals (it was pretty late, past his bedtime. He needed any excuse he could find to cry) but our friends with whom we camped gave us a few of theirs. They finally fell asleep and I sat outside and enjoyed the night. Later when I went to bed in that tiny, tiny tent, the man in the tent next to us kept me awake for a bit with his snoring that made him sound like a snarling leopard.

The next morning, there were donuts, oranges, bananas and juice waiting for us when we awoke. I told the kids we had passed the test, we had made it the whole night camping so now we could buy a big tent for the whole family.

1 comment:

Amy P said...

If'n you want to sell your little tent to help fund your bug family-sized tent, you let me know. I didn't get the tent...so I need one. :)