Saturday, July 25, 2009

Lego Mania


Guillermo and Maya had plenty to keep them entertained at my parent’s house. Not only were their cousins there, but there are a ton of toys, a huge back yard and my father even put up the tent. They played Zingo and HyperDash, kicked soccer balls and rode bikes and scooters and took tractor rides.

But the highlight, at least for Guillermo (Maya didn’t care what game she played as long as she could hang out with her older cousin, Lily), came when my mother broke out several boxes of Legos, including several of my old sets. I don’t know who was more excited, me or him. Many of my Legos were still in the same form as when I left them 24 years ago, the bed, the couches and kitchen appliances still in tact. The day my mother opened the boxes, Guillermo and Lily played with them as I originally had built them, but I think by the next morning, Guillermo had destroyed all of my childhood work. Here's a photo so you can see some of my youthful labor. Don’t you love the retro people? And the record player?

No comments: