Sunday, July 26, 2009

Zoos, Magic, Sonic Youth and Go Cardinals

We spent the last two days of our vacation in St. Louis. We went to the St. Louis Zoo on Day 1, and liked the monkeys the best. We ended the day in my old (and short-term) hood, with dinner at Ciceros in University City. Kids loved it, and the pizza was great.
On the carousel

G on a panther with Ya Ya.

We went to the Magic House the next day. It has to be the best Children's Museum in the country. It is incredible. Guillermo and Maya spent a lot of time shoveling gravel and building a house in one part of the museum. "There's a lot of work to do, mommy," Maya said as she took a break between shoveling and sweeping. Later, she fished in a pond upstairs while Guillermo repaired a car. We probably covered only about half the museum before nap time was upon us. We then drove down to the Arch so they kids could take a look. I've been up only once before and had no desire to do it again. Luckily, the line was too long. We played and played and must have wore Guillermo out because as Maya and I were off doing something, Guillermo crawled in Will's lap and fell asleep.

Fixing a car at the Magic House.

Touching an electrostatic generator at the Magic House.

We ended the night at the St. Louis Cardinal's game with Julie and her family. I had planned to take Maya to the free Sonic Youth concert along the river, but at the last minute changed plans when I realized we had enough Cardinals tickets for Maya and I to go. I was a little bummed I was missing one of my favorite bands but I frequently commended myself for being such a good mom when I saw how much fun Maya was having at the game. :)

2 comments:

Christy Jett said...

What a fun summer and what lucky kids! Sounds like they had a blast.

Michelle said...

Sounds like so much fun, what a great museum. And the picture of you is beautiful!