Sunday, January 3, 2010

Holiday Fun

Serving up pizza.

Hiding out in his fort made from his new Star Wars sheets.

Not much else to add here.

The first sweet embrace I've seen in awhile between the two of them.

With ya ya and grandpa.

Winter break ends tomorrow, but I wish it would last a few more days.

We've had a lot of fun and today was a nice way to end the two-week break. We started with church, which ended with an Epiphany celebration of stories, crafts and king cake. Afterward G, M and I threw sticks across a frozen pond. I think that might have been the first time either kid had seen a frozen body of water and they were pretty amazed though I was pretty nervous one of them was going to fall in. Later, Guillermo and Will watched Star Wars Episode 1 on the big screen at our house (thanks Brad!) and Maya and I went to Kidzu and then out for latte and chocolate milk. "This is a fun day, right?" Maya exclaimed after she slurped up her hot chocolate.

I wish I had pictures from New Years Eve and New Years day. Maya started the celebrations at her friend's 3rd birthday party on the 31st. We ended the fun around 10:30 p.m. New Years Day after a fun open house at a neighbor's house. Guillermo unfortunately explored a creek near the house and ended up with wet pants in freezing weather but he didn't mind much. Maya ran wild around the house with one of her best friends and had her first pajama party (picking out her friend's ice cream cone pjs, of course) but was disappointed when she couldn't sleep over. In between those parties, we attended two more and had a great time.

The rest of the break they spent a lot of time with my parents, saw Alvin and the Chipmunks (which was pretty funny), had playdates and Guillermo played Wii at friends' houses. We saw a Christmas play and they sat on Santa's lap and went bowling.

Now, it's time to start planning Guillermo's birthday party. He can't decide between a Star Wars or Pokemon cake. I've suggested a Lego cake because I think that is one design I can make.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We had a great time. Miss the kids already.