Sunday, January 24, 2010

Friday Speaker

Posing pretty.

Last week, I was the Friday Speaker at Maya's school. Every Friday, the school asks a parent to come and talk to the kids about anything they want. The parents can read books or do an activity. One parent this year talked to the kids about airplanes and then invited the class to see his airplane at the airport. It was pretty cool.

I gave Maya's class a Spanish lesson. On colors. I'm sure I wasn't among the most exciting speaker, but the kids were good and listened and participated and when I picked Maya up, she handed me a rainbow that said thank you and had quotes from a few of the kids about what their favorite parts were. Here are a few:
Maya: "My pink and purple one."
Allegra: "Pink, purple and red."
Sydney: "Teaching us colors in Spanish."
Antonia: "Speaking Blue."

I'm already thinking about my next Friday speaker gig. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Christy Jett said...

What a gorgeous picture of Mya!

I bet the spanish lesson was awesome :)

Di said...

Let me know if Maya wants me to come in and talk about how little kids should behave in restaurants! :)