Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Snow Days



Snowflakes started falling Friday and by the time we woke up Saturday the ground was covered in snow. I wish I could say we spent the entire weekend (plus two snow days) playing in the snow, but that isn't true.

Saturday was cold. Really cold. Guillermo went out shortly after 7 a.m., before we were ready to go, but he didn't last long. I was still getting my coat and gloves on when he came back in a few minutes later because it was too cold. Both kids went a few more times in the morning, but only for 10 minutes or so each time. After lunch, we tried to go sledding. I went with Guillermo but used my feet as brakes, causing snow to blow into his face the whole way down the hill. He wanted to go home right away after that.

We played outside a bit more on Sunday, but by Monday, when it was warm enough that I was fine in a light jacket and a sweater, they were ready. We built a snow fort and had a snowball fight. Yesterday, it rained most of the day and rained away a lot of the snow, but we still built a tiny snowman. The snow was pretty icy by then but we managed to stick a few chocolate chips in the snowman's head for eyes.

Today, Guillermo went back to school and by the time school finished, most of the snow was gone. Lucky for both kids, more is expected this weekend.

No comments: