Saturday, March 20, 2010

Justin Rocks


Justin Roberts

Maya dancing at the concert.

I took Maya to see Justin Roberts' concert yesterday and she rocked out! She danced and danced and danced on carpet set up in front of the stage.

I try to never miss a Justin Roberts show. He is my favorite children's musician. The past few years I've taken Guillermo, but this year he decided to go to Robot Rumble at the Museum of Life and Science with Will. So I took Maya instead (you can't just go alone, without a kid. That's sort of creepy)

She wanted to sit on the carpet in front of the stage and she sat in my lap for a few songs first, but by the third she was on her feet and dancing. Well, it was more just jumping. She and several other girls jumped up and down over and over. Later, she did some twirling and swaying, but mostly she just jumped and jumped. She crashed in my lap for last song of the regular set and stayed there through the next two encores, but she kept smiling even as she fought to keep her eyes open.

I couldn't convince Maya that she needed to get her picture taken with Justin. But, we did pick up a new-to-us CD.

No comments: