Friday, August 20, 2010

Can We Go To School?


Guillermo hasn't been too excited for school to start. He has spent the summer running around with one of his friends from the neighborhood and playing Pokemon.

But school starts Wednesday and today I got a call from his new teacher, who wanted to introduce herself. Usually the school posts class lists but this year some of the teachers are calling parents. It was a nice surprise and the teacher sounded really sweet. I don't know much about her but a friend of mine said nice things about her.

I told Guillermo tonight and he was pretty excited, at least for a minute before he turned his attention back to Will, who was playing DS. But he must have been a little more excited than I thought because tonight, when he and Maya were running errands with me, he asked me to stop by the school. "I've never seen the sun go down at the school," he said.

We didn't see the sun go down at the school, but we did get a few good games of tag in before we returned home. And, we even played tag on the first grade playground.

No comments: