Thursday, December 23, 2010

Girls Weekend

Julie, Lily, Me, mom & my mom at the Mother's Tea.

Julie, Maya & me


Lily and Maya every morning during our stay in Denver.

Maya and I just returned from a girls weekend. We flew to Denver to attend the Mother/Daughter tea that my sister hosts every year before Christmas. It was such a fun trip, except poor Maya was sick the whole time. She had a fever one day and the rest of the days, she had a pretty bad cold that swiped most of her energy.

The trip marked the first airplane ride in years for Maya. She couldn't even remember the last time she had been on the plane. She was so excited and she did great, despite the fact that I forgot headphones for her video player, hadn't changed the batteries for her Leapster and kept falling asleep on her every time she opened up her I-Spy book.

My friend Michelle picked us up from the airport. We hadn't seen each other in two years. We spent the afternoon catching up and then picked up her kids from school. It was so fun watching Maya and Michelle's daughter play together. The last time they saw each other was when they were 2. But, they got along famously.

The tea was Saturday and we went to see Christmas lights and How the Grinch Stole Christmas on Sunday. By these two days, Maya definitely wasn't feeling well. She clung to me most of the tea until her motrin kicked in. She wanted to leave the lights early on Sunday because she was tired. But, when she was feeling well, she had a great time. And, so did I.

No comments: