Thursday, December 30, 2010

Family Christmas


After church on Christmas Eve.

I'm back at work, still so happy about our Christmas break. I love Christmas because we spend so much time together as a family. A few weeks ago, Maya and I flew to Denver for a Mother/Daughter party that my sister hosted. (It's not really a tea party; more like a cocktail party with juice for the kids). Maya wore a shiny silver outfit for the occasion, an outfit, like most of her others, that came from Lily. My sister said it brought tears to her eyes to see Maya in the outfit as she remembered Lily in it just a few years ago.


Dad and Maya at Julie's


Ya Ya and Maya

Then, on Christmas Eve, my parents flew in for the week and we had a great visit. Guillermo shared with them his e-mail from Santa on Christmas Eve. On Christmas Day, they watched as the kids opened their presents and then helped set up everyone's Mii and helped decorate our train cake. The rest of the week, we went shopping, played a lot of Wii bowling and just hung out. My parents watched Maya and Guillermo while Will and I spent an evening away at the King's Daughters Inn in Durham. It's a beautiful bed and breakfast across from Duke University.

And when my parents left, it was the four of us and we had such a nice few days together. I wasn't ready for it to end, but I was happy that each of us went back to our daily non-vacation routine happy that we spent it together. Next year, we need to get Jen and William here to celebrate with us as well!

Maya, Will and Guillermo

1 comment:

Jen and natalie said...

those are great pics! it would be pretty cool to have my father and me there next year! we'll work on it!! love you!