Sunday, October 19, 2008

Bananas

We've reached a point at our house when pretty much all Guillermo and Maya do is fight, it seems. If they are talking to each other, they are arguing.

Here's a sample from breakfast:
Maya was sitting down, eating cereal and a banana. Guillermo sat down across the table, and positioned the cereal box in front of him so he couldn't see Maya.

Guillermo: I’m blocking Maya’s slimy banana with the cereal box.
Me: You don’t want to see the banana?
Guillermo: No, I think I’m allergic to bananas.
Me: OK.
Maya: Nana. I have a Neenee. 
Maya: Oh, my nana has a hole in it.
Me: Well, then don’t hold your banana that way.
Maya: Look at the hole.
Me: Don’t hold it that way.

Later, Maya finished her breakfast and decided to stand right next to Guillermo’s chair while he was eating.

Guillermo: You smell like a banana.
Maya: Ooooh, Guillermo said I a neenee.
Guillermo: No, I said you smell like a banana!
Maya: I Maya!
Guillermo: You smell like a banana!
Maya: I Maya!
Guillermo: You smell like a banana!
Maya: I no smell like a nana.
Guillermo: You have banana on your face!
Maya: No!
Guillermo: I told you her smells like a banana.
Maya: I no smell like bananas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nat,
What goes around comes around. Remember the screaming "She's wearing my underwear. Make her stop!"
Love,
Mom