Thursday, October 9, 2008

Best Friend


Maya has a lot of best friends these days, it seems. Frequently it's me (and I love that!). 

"Mommy," she says as she wraps her arms around me. "Best friend." 

Other days, most days, it's Guillermo, even though I admit I push this on her, frequently telling her that Guillermo is her best friend. 

The other day, though, Maya switched best friends three times. It started in the morning, when she saw her teacher from a class she takes at The Arts Center. "There's my best friend," Maya said pointing to the woman. 

Later, on our way to a playdate, Maya said "Sophia, best friend." 

And, as we left the playdate to pick up Guillermo, Maya again remembered her brother. "Guillermo, best friend. Guillermo, little buddy."

The "little buddy" thing cracks me up, too.

Will frequently calls Guillermo his little buddy so Maya has started doing it, too. One day she was sitting on the curb in front of our house watching some kids play. Guillermo ran toward her. 
"Come here, little buddy," Maya said to him. "Sit down." 

And as he sat, Maya patted him on the back, "little buddy."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

cute :)

Anonymous said...

Wish I could be therte to be called best friend. She is adorable.
Love you Maya!!!
YaYa