Thursday, October 16, 2008

Morning Talkers

This morning I woke up to Maya talking. Normally, I wake up to her cries "I'm done sleeping!" so I was a bit intrigued.  

As I got closer to her room, I could hear Guillermo talking as well. "Great," I thought. "She woke him up, too." It was 6:30 a.m., late for her, too early for him.

I stopped between their doors. Maya was in her crib in her room and Guillermo was lying on the floor in his room, his favorite sleeping place again. Their rooms were still dark.

"What are you guys doing?" I asked. 

"I'm done sleeping. I want out," Maya said. 
"I was telling her how she could get out of her crib," Guillermo said. 

What did you tell her, I asked as I picked Maya out of her bed. 
"I told her she could get a ladder or a slide," Guillermo said. 

"Good ideas," I told him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're so lucky she hasn't figured it out, yet! You could suggest a parachute or hanglider, too.
By the way, I miss you!