Monday, January 26, 2009

Lovely Days

Guillermo and Maya, after the Gustafer Yellowgold show. (Yeah, yeah, I bought them their concert souvenir. For what it's worth, he still sleeps with his.)

We had a fun, busy weekend, and today was pretty good, too.

On Saturday, I took Guillermo and Maya to see Gustafer Yellowgold at the Arts Center. It was Maya's first concert and she loved it. She was all smiles during the first few songs and at the end, she was bouncing in my seat. Guillermo proved again that he is his father's son. Between songs, the singer would ask the audience questions about their favorite foods, their favorite hobbies, etc. Guillermo anxiously answered the first few times but by about the fourth set of questions, Guillermo folded his arms across his lap and said he didn't to answer any more. He wasn't grumpy about it, just matter of fact. 

Later that day, Will and his friends took Guillermo and Maya on a hike. 

On Sunday, I took Guillermo and Maya swimming at the new aquatic center and they had so much fun. Guillermo really needs swimming lessons, but he wore his life jacket and did fine. (he also was so excited to go swimming that he immediately dressed himself for the pool, and ended up wearing his underwear under his trunks!) I held onto Maya, in her navy polka dot bikini, and she was all smiles. We swam for about an hour and by the end of it, she was jumping into the pool and I would catch her. A few times she even told me that she wanted to swim by herself. 

Today the kids were wonderful. I had to do some work on a freelance project so I took them to a friend's house, where they jumped in her bouncy castle, which she has set up on the third floor of her house, while I worked downstairs. We came home to make "Secret Agent" chocolate chip cookies (we got the recipe after playing Backyardigans "Super Spy") and then went for a bike ride on the trail by Community Park. They were awesome. We stopped on the trail on the way back from our ride to climb up a big hill covered in leaves, and stopped on the way down the hill to play space man. I can't wait to take them again.

No comments: