Thursday, January 29, 2009

Swimming

Maya in her zucchini. 

I think I have found our winter playground. 

It's the new swimming pool I wrote about earlier this week. We went again today and Guillermo and Maya had so much fun, and so did I. We swam for more than an hour this afternoon. They threw boats in the water, and diving rings too, and then jumped for them. Guillermo started to put his face in the water a little bit. I'm trying to teach by example to Maya that water in your face during swimming is no big deal so she doesn't develop the same anxiety Guillermo has. 

I packed shampoo in my bag and after we swam I gave them quick showers in the locker rooms. I think they had just as much fun playing in the shower, which is surprising because neither of them like the shower at our house. 

As we were getting ready to head to the pool today, Guillermo developed an interest in Maya's swimsuit.

"What is that called?" he asked. 
"A bikini," I said.

Suddenly, Maya started shouting, "I want my zucchini" over and over again. I'll post pictures tomorrow.