Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Race Day

Guillermo, Me, and Maya pre-race


Guillermo and Me, post race

I did a super sprint triathlon this weekend and had so much fun. The best part: Guillermo gave me the extra boost to get me across the finish line.

The tri was a 250-yard swim, a 9 mile bike and a 2 mile run. I did most of it with Jennefer (and had a great time) but we got separated during the run. As I neared the last of the final long stretch before you turn to run to the finish line, I saw Will, his father and Maya cheering for us and a few seconds later, Guillermo joined me on the run. It was so fun for both of us. He was really proud to cross the finish line and he gave me a big hug when we were done.

1 comment:

Christy Jett said...

What a wonderful story! And congrats on the triathlon. I don't think I'll ever be able to do that.