Sunday, October 18, 2009

Wedding Blues





Maya has been sleeping in her brother's room while Big Papa has been visiting but we moved her into our room tonight because Guillermo isn't feeling well.

After I read her books on my bed, she took notice of each of the photographs on my dresser and then asked where my wedding picture was. I pulled out the small picture frame that was hidden behind some books.

"Why do you like it so small?" she asked.
"It's a nice picture," I answered.

"Why wasn't I at your wedding?" she asked.
"You weren't born yet," I answered.

"Guillermo and I weren't born yet?"
"Nope."

"But I want to go to your wedding," she whined.
"I wish you could have been there," I said as I started to walk out. "I love you."

She just scowled. Five minutes later, she was asleep.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute story.
YaYa

Christy Jett said...

I love that picture with Will - too cute!