Thursday, January 20, 2011

Another Tooth Gone


Guillermo lost another tooth! It's his third, if you are keeping track.

He lost it Monday evening, after twisting and wiggling it for a good hour in bed when he was supposed to be sleeping. He came into my room at about 10 p.m. to show me the new empty space in his mouth. He was adorable. Well, he was adorable if you find kids with big, gaping holes in their mouths adorable, which I normally don't, but Guillermo is my kid so I thought he looked sweet.

Now, I'm not so sure. Teeth are starting to come in on the bottom room of his mouth, and these teeth are giant, like linebackers next to ballet dancers. His teeth already are crowded as it is (it's hard to get tooth floss between some of them), and Guillermo's dentist warned us it would get worse. She's even advised that he may need braces by the time he is 8, but she was hopeful that we might be able to wait until 10 or so.

On the top row of teeth, it just looks empty. I am not entirely sure what happened up there. One day around winter break, his teeth were lined up in a row the way most teeth are and the next day, it looked like he was missing one. Somehow, the front right tooth had shifted toward the middle and was pretty loose. Now, he has a pretty wide gap. I'll work on getting a photo in the next few days.

2 comments:

Kristan Shimpi said...

Aidan has had some funky things happen with his teeth as well. I feel like things are always changing inside that mouth of his!
The tooth fairy made 7 visits to our house last year (6 of Aidan's and 1 of Samantha's). Must be that time at your house too :-)

Kristan Shimpi said...

Aidan has had some funky stuff happen with his teeth too. I feel like things are always moving and changing in that mouth of his!
The tooth fairy made 7 visits to our house last year (6 for Aidan, 1 for Samantha). Looks like it is that time at your house :-)