Sunday, January 23, 2011

Slumber and Droids


Guillermo attended his first slumber party this weekend. This one was for his good friend who was turning 8. Guillermo had fun, but he didn't divulge too many details. The birthday boy's mother said the boys fell asleep around 11 p.m. and woke up at 7:30 a.m. The party invitation called for pizza making, wii battling and carrot cake eating and then a morning hike through the woods. The slumber party was right down the road so Guillermo stayed for a good part of the afternoon the next day. He was tired, of course, so he and Will settled in to watch Star Wars on Saturday afternoon while Maya and I did a lot of shopping and playing.

Meanwhile, Maya was pretty excited about her family fun night with Will and I while Guillermo was at his slumber party. It started with her trying to pick up the Wii Lego Star Wars battle that Guillermo had been playing. I tried to help, but didn't really know how to play so I sort of gave up on her. I went to get dinner on the table and told her I couldn't help her for a little bit. A few minutes later, I heard her shout "help, mom." I told her I'd be there in a few minutes but she kept shouting "help." By the time I got to the living room, she looked shell-shocked and then she burst into tears.
"I needed your help. The droids were getting me!"
"I can help you now," I offered.
"I killed them all," she sobbed.
"That's great," I told her.
She was completely frazzled and quickly switched off the game. I could barely contain my laughter.

We finished the night off by watching Ponyo. What a sweet movie.

No comments: