Friday, January 28, 2011

"I Knew in My Heart I Could Do It"


The family that exercises together ...

Will came home early Tuesday so I decided to sneak in a run before dinner. The kids wanted to go with me so I ran and they rode, with Will keeping pace with Maya. Guillermo and I decided to go through the woods. We tried to convince Maya, who was on her bike without pedals, to turn around with Will and go home, but she was up for the challenge.

Guillermo and I went ahead but slowed down a bit when we came to a few fallen trees blocking our path. We stopped and then waited for Maya to catch up. She was coming down a gradual, but bumpy slope and she had a huge smile on her face.
She came to a perfect stop next to us.

"I knew I could do it!" she beamed.

Will said the whole way down she kept saying "I know in my heart I can do this!"


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maya, you can do so many things. And you will learn to do so many new things. I'm proud of you. In my heart, I knew that I loved you and Guillermo the moment I saw you. In fact I loved you from the moment that I heard that you were in your mom's tummy.