Thursday, February 10, 2011

"My Daughter Loves Me"


Will and I attended the Engineers Without Borders annual fundraising dinner last weekend. The entire night was really fun, but one of Will's former colleagues shared a story that I really loved (and so did Will's colleague).

Will's colleague, a retired UNC engineering professor, was giving a talk to students and some faculty once and, trying to start the discussion, asked Will directly "What is one thing you are certain of?"

Without even thinking, Will replied: "My daughter loves me."

I loved that. So did Will's colleague. Since Will is so trained to think scientifically, his colleague said, it meant a lot that Will's first reaction was tied to family.


1 comment:

Christy Jett said...

You guys are such great parents! I love you all so much. More than you probably know. How I wish you we lived closer together.
((((BIG HUGS))))