Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valentine's Day

Flowers for me from Guillermo and Will.

I can't remember a more fun Valentine's Day than this one.

It started days in advance because Maya was so excited for the special holiday about love. She checked her calendar every day to find out how many days were left before the big day. She and Guillermo started making their Valentine's a week in advance (Maya was still finishing her's up the morning of.)

They both had fun at their parties and when they got home, they found Valentine's presents from their grandparents: a Fancy Nancy sticker book and princess paper dolls for Maya and a Nerf gun for Guillermo. He was over the moon. "This is awesome!" he exclaimed when he opened it. "Nothing says I love you like a Nerf gun," I told him. He beamed. "You don't hear that every day."

The best part, for me, was the end of the day, when Guillermo sat patiently with Maya, helping her with her new Wii game, Dora's birthday adventure.


No comments: