Saturday, March 22, 2008

Easter

My mom is visiting and we've been having a great time. Today was the best. My mother took Guillermo to see the Go Diego Go, Live show! He loved it. Follow that with lunch at McDonalds and she was the queen of his world for awhile. While they were at the show, I took Maya to a few museums, and what luck! It was duck day at one of them. There were three or four ducks outside of the museum and Maya was so excited. She even touched one, but barely. A man held it up for her and she stuck one tiny finger out, touched it, and them immediately pulled her hand back, but she was beaming, squealing. Inside were a few baby swans. They were tiny, gray, and beautiful and made Maya so happy when she saw them. 

Of course, we spent most of our time at the museum in the cafe for snacks, but that's OK. She was content. Plus, she then had a chance to ride the elevator down two floors. "Whee" she exclaimed, as she stood next to me, holding my hand. I think it was her first ride on her own two feet. 

Later, my mom and I ditched the kids, leaving them with my mom, while we spent the rest of the afternoon shopping. Moms are great. 

We rushed to dye eggs with the kids after dinner and they had a great time. Guillermo loved coloring the eggs with the magic crayon before he dyed them. Maya would swipe the undyed eggs out of my hand and then throw them in the bowls full of dye like she was slam dunking a basketball. I don't know if we have any eggs that aren't uncracked. "Prettyo, eggsss," she said, when she pulled one out of the bowl, held it in her hands for a bit, and threw it back in, just to do it again a few seconds. I couldn't get the dye off her hands during her bath later. 




1 comment:

Julie said...

I wish I was there with you guys! Your day sounds like fun. I am sure that coloring eggs was very fun with the kids. Maya's egg coloring dunk sounds like a move Tony made while coloring our eggs. Tony's favorite and only color he would use to dye his eggs was PINK. Lily made special (another word for messy ) glitter eggs. She said only "big" kids could use the glitter kit. Tony did not seem that interested in the glitter eggs ( thank goodness!) Happy Easter - we love and miss you. I hope you have a nice day!

Julie