Friday, March 28, 2008

Goodbye bottle

The princess has no use for a bottle anymore.


It took nearly 22 months, but Maya has finally given up her nighttime bottle.

I forgot to pack it when we went to the beach for a few days with my mother earlier this week. She didn't seem to notice. She drank out of a sippy cup, read books with me, and then went right to bed on the first night. No complaints (at least not until the middle of the night, when she demanded more milk and I didn't cave ... until she had screamed for an hour and I was afraid our neighbors would never get any sleep ... and then I caved. "She sure can throw a tantrum," my mother said.)

Tonight, we're going on our sixth-straight night of no bottle and I think I can finally throw the bottles away, for good. It took us long enough!
 

2 comments:

Julie said...

This is my all time favorite picture of Maya - please send it to me - so I can frame it and put it in Tony's room. It is the best! I am also happy to hear that Maya is off the bottle! Go Maya! On to nalgene bottles and other fun drinking devices!

YaYa said...

Maya,
You will always be a princess to your grandpa and me. We love you!!!