Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Almost Christmas

I'm so excited for the next few days. Here's what we have planned:

Christmas Eve breakfast at the park with friends from Guillermo's school. 
Decorate train cake (I finished it tonight and it looks pretty good. thanks Emily and Nick)
Pick up tortillas, tamales
Children's Christmas mass
Dinner: ceviche courtesy of my father-in-law and sister-in-law
Kids open one present
Kids play and then go to bed
Finish wrapping 
Bedtime

Christmas Day
6 a.m. alarm clock
Get dressed, put on makeup so I don't look hideous in pictures
6:30 - 7 a.m. Kids wake up 
Open presents! 
Play all day
Make enchiladas, frijoles negroes, rice for dinner
Friends join us for dinner
Play some more

I can't wait. I love this time of year and I so much love being a mom this time of year. Guillermo and Maya are so excited, Maya especially, it seems. Throughout the day for the past several days, she has picked various presents from under the tree. "What's in there?" "What's in the present, mama." "For me?" "Oh, present for you."
I hope their childhood Christmases are as magical as mine.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

quite brave of you to out wrapped presents under the tree. if i did that, maya's future husband would rip them all open.

Anonymous said...

put, not out, but you knew that...not that there's anything wrong with your presents outing themselves, or that they're even homosexuals...i've said too much.

Di said...

I want to see a picture of the train cake!