Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Ornaments

Guillermo has been wanting a nutcracker for awhile now. I'm not sure exactly why, but he thinks they are really cool. His interest grew even more when his friend in our neighborhood was outside playing with one his mother had just bought him. The friend's nutcracker was a soldier and he told Guillermo that the store where he bought his also had a nutcracker with a gun. Guillermo's eyes light up. 

Guillermo and I talked about going to pick out a nutcracker for him together but we never got around to it. The other day, however, when I was shopping without Guillermo, I saw a nutcracker Christmas ornament, and this nutcracker soldier was carrying a gun. Against my better judgement, I bought it for Guillermo.

A few weeks ago on trianglemom2mom.com, I blogged about my family's Christmas ornament tradition. I've also told Guillermo all about it. I had already picked out a Superman comic book ornament because this was the year he discovered comic books and one of his favorite things to do is go to the comic book shop with Will. 

Anyway, I bought the nutcracker ornament and gave it to him when I came home (I gave Maya a gingerbread man). He was estactic and right away said "I am going to keep this until I have my own kids and then I am going to give it to them and they are going to love it too!" Melted my heart. And then, he named the nutcracker "Gun Hand." 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

gun hand? ROFL kids are awesome