Friday, February 15, 2008

Did you sleep naked?

My niece and nephew, in June. 


My sister is my greatest friend and she provides me with some of the funniest stories about kids (mainly her daughter) I've ever heard. Yesterday, on Valentine's Day, she and her 4-year-old daughter and 20-month-old son caught a flight to Peoria, Ill., to visit my parents for the long weekend. 
Here's the seating chart on the flight: My sister, with my nephew on her lap, my niece in the middle seat, and a San Antonio Rampage (hockey) player on the other side.
"Mommy, is this the same plane you took on your business trip yesterday?" my niece asked.
"No, sweetie. Mommy drove her car."
"Where did you sleep, mommy?"
"In a hotel."
"In a hotel?" my niece asked, her eyes brightening and her voice getting louder. 
"Did you sleep naked, mommy?"
My sister turned a hundred shades of red as now the everyone within earshot on the airplane was picturing her naked.

For the record, my sister insists she never sleeps in the nude.  

Later on the flight, my nephew seemed to be getting sleepy. 
"What are you doing, baby?" my sister asked. 
He turned to her and answered, again not so quietly: "Poo Poo."

No comments: