Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Migraines, rain and Jesus

I had my second migraine of the week today, and it's only Wednesday. I started seeing spots, migraine spots, during my workout class this morning. It was a low-grade migraine, but I still felt pretty awful. I did manage, however, to take Guillermo to chapel with his preschool class and take them both to play at the toy store, before we retired to the couch for way too much TV this afternoon. It was wonderful though. Rain was falling outside, Maya was snuggled up, asleep in my arms, I was dozing on and off, and Guillermo was glued to Curious George on TV and not getting into trouble.

Guillermo is fascinated with Bible stories and God these days. Guillermo attends a preschool at a Methodist Church and one day after I picked him up, he took me to the sitting room next to the chapel at his school. "This is Jesus' bedroom," he told me. "Really?" I asked. "Yeah," Guillermo said, pointing to some couches. "I think he sleeps there." Made me laugh so hard, luckily not in front of him. At his school, the students attend chapel for 20 minutes with Pastor David on Wednesdays. Guillermo doesn't normally go to school those days, but I took him today so he could go with his class. As we were waiting for his class to meet us outside the chapel, the 2-year-old class came by. Pastor David was strolling into the church at the same time. One of the 2-year-old students pointed to him and said "There's Jesus."  

Guillermo's thoughts, observations, comments, questions for today:
"Astronauts like to play with their food, you know."
"Skunks want a smelly valentine." 

3 comments:

Julie said...

Love your Blog! I am worried about your migraines! Ask your MD about them. Of course, your big sis is telling you what to do! I love hearing about the kiddos! We miss them. Tony went pee pee on the potty this week. He is fascinated with going. He also ate all of his lunch at school yesterday and today. I guess the key to getting him to eat at home is to feed him processed crap like chicken patties, and school spaghetti :)

I can't wait to hear more about my niece and nephew.

Love you -

Old Soul said...

Hi Natalie! The kids are adorable. I'm sorry about your headaches. Hope you feel better! You need to kick me in the butt so I attend my workouts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Miss ya!

Connie

jeninphx said...

hola chica
kids do say the darnest things, don't they??!! love the blog; i will definitely be checking it out!
i am sorry to hear about your migraines. i was having them 2x's per month, at least. i was using excedrine migraine (over the counter, generic version) for about the last year or so. i had an awful one back in november that lasted 2 days and the OTC stuff didn't phase. went and saw the doc, she prescribed relpax (very expensive pill; only got 2). she suggested i try acupuncture (did will tell you?) i went once a week for 4 weeks, 7 needles a session. i haven't had a migraine since november. wishful thinking?? who knows, but i am willing to believe!!
tell your babies their tia says hi!! glad to hear tony went pee pee on the potty!! go tony!!
love you