Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day, here is a viking helmet




Love is in the air at our house. Will and I love this election season. Maya loves her mama, and Guillermo is going through a castle phase and loves anything with swords, battle axes, and loud, mean voices. Finding a Valentine's Day gift for him was easy: A viking helmet. He moves the horns up when he does something good and moves them down when he does something bad, at least that's what he says he's going to do. We gave Maya a crown. Now, don't go calling me sexist. She wore that crown all around the store the other day and it's the only hat that really fits on her head. I'm sure soon enough she'll have a viking hat and Guillermo will have a king's crown. Guillermo's fondness for violent characters, such as knights, pirates, and mean guys in general bothers me a bit, but I do love listening to him playing in his room with his Playmobil castle. I never knew how loud knights spoke. He sends them on wild missions to find buried treasure, capture pirates and Power Rangers, and save the princess.  Oh, I just read that original viking helmets did not have horns attached to them. Oh well. If it weren't for the horns, Guillermo would have chosen the knight's helmet and would still be begging for the sword. Maybe next Valentine's Day, love.

No comments: