Monday, February 25, 2008

Gun hole

Guillermo, in his "Army Vehicle"
Guillermo, looking out of his "gun hole"

Today I brought a big cardboard box into our house and told Guillermo we could make shields out of it. I thought he would like the idea (which came from a friend) because he loves playing guard. 
Instead, he wanted to turn the box into an "Army vehicle." "Great," I said, even though I knew that meant I was going to have push him around the living room in the box and I wasn't looking forward to that. You can see how our box turned out from the pictures above. We cut a door and then Guillermo decided he wanted some windows. But once he saw the first one, he had a new idea. The window instead would be a gun hole.
"A gun hole? What's a gun hole?" I asked.
"It's where put your guns," he answered. 
I should have known.
I continued on with my work and when I was done, he got inside with his stick horse, which he used as the gun, with the horse head at the bottom of the box and the stick sticking out of the hole.  Indeed, he had a gun hole. The good news, I only had to push him twice around the living room before the neighbor I was babysitting woke up from a nap.  When I came back with the baby, Guillermo had moved onto a new game.  

No comments: