Saturday, February 21, 2009

Date Day

After the show
Maya and Will, before the show
Today was date day, for the whole family.

Will took Maya to see Dora Live at the Raleigh Memorial Auditorium and she had so much fun. She didn't say much about the show when she came home, but at bedtime she opened up a little bit when I asked if she sang and danced at the show.

"Did you see me twirl?" she asked me when I was tucking her in tonight. 
"Did papa twirl with you?" I asked her back. 
"No. He wasn't wearing a dancing dress either," she said. 

Will said she was so happy today, and so quiet, "just holding my hand." After the show, they went out for pizza. 

While they were at the show, Guillermo and I had a full day, too. We started at Morehead Planetarium and saw Sol & Company. Then, we went to Fosters Market for lunch. Next, we went to the library and read about Merlin, King Arthur and Atlantis. It was so nice being at the library with just him. He and Maya pick such different books when we all go together that it's hard to find a book I can read to both of them while we are still there. Today, we just took our time, the way you should be able to every time you go to the library. 

After that, we went to Wilson Park and played Star Wars (I was Rex, he alternated between Cody and Mace Windu) and when he finally grew tired of that, we built castles in the sand. He was chattering nonstop the whole time, a sign that he is happy. Finally, we went to the grocery store. 

Tonight, Will and I have a date, watching Like Water for Chocolate. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful day! It's nice to have the kids one on one and you know they love it, too. Hope your date with Will was fun, too.