Friday, February 20, 2009

The Weaker Sixes

He is not of the weaker six.

Guillermo got to pick a prize out of the prize box today at school. He choose an neon orange action figure thing that he calls Torch because it looks like a superhero named Torch. 

He was so excited to show off Torch to me when I picked him up from school and he chatted nonstop all the way to the car. As I was strapping him into his car seat, I heard him say something about the fact that there were more men superheroes than girl superheroes because girls aren't as tough.

"What do you mean?" I asked. "I'm tough." 

"Girls are just a weaker six," he replied.

"Who told you that?" I demanded, with a smile on my face (I mean, how can you not smile at "weaker sixes?") 
"Never mind," he answered. "Whatever." 

No comments: