Saturday, February 7, 2009

On the Potty

We were nearly out of diapers so I took Maya to Target yesterday so she could pick out a package of Dora underwear. It's potty training time at our house. 

When she woke up today I took off her diaper and let her pick out one of the six pairs of Dora the Explorer underwear I laid out on her bed. She was so happy and she did so well all day. 

The plan is to not allow her to wear diapers during the day at all again. She can wear them at bedtime, but I'll replace them with underwear first thing in the morning.  She says she's game for the plan. "Mama says no more diapers," she told me several times today. 

This morning I gave her a lot to drink and repeatedly asked her if she needed to go to the bathroom. She obliged and each time she went, she was so happy. By the afternoon I was a little more slack, but she did great. We ended the day with only one pair of clean Dora underwear, but she really only had two big accidents. 

My girl rocks. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maya,
I'm so proud of you!!! What a big girl you are. Isn't it fun to have Dora pants to wear. Would like some Cinderella underwear? Let me know.
YaYa

persian_austinite said...

Natalie, you even make potty training sound fun! I can't wait. :D