Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Field Day!


Cooling off during a Field Day


Preparing for a big match

After two rain delays, Guillermo and the other kindergartners at his school finally got to participate in their first Field Day. Wow, was it hot and muggy. I was lucky enough to volunteer for the first part of the three-hour affair. My station was bocce ball. It was sort of a mess for the first few rotations, but by the time the third group came through I got smarter and handed over the game responsibilities to the two fifth grade helpers who traveled with each new group of kindergartners. I took on a new job of helper and it was great. I don't think bocce ball was anyone's favorite station (how can you beat the mist tent?) but they did have fun. And, in a book Guillermo made at the end of the day, he said that Field Day was his favorite day of school because his mother was able to come. :)

No comments: