Monday, June 21, 2010

A Kiss or a Tackle

Maya is a total snugglebug. She wakes up each morning eager for a hug and loves to lounge in our laps. She tries desperately to get Guillermo to snuggle, too, and occasionally tries to kiss him. He usually sneaks away. But, she is getting pretty rough these days; lots of hitting, periodic biting and lately she's been scratching. So this conversation that I overheard between Maya and Guillermo didn't completely surprise me, but it did make me giggle.

Guillermo: "I will kiss you if you do it," Guillermo taunted. I'm not sure what he wanted her to do.
Guillermo: "Maya, do you want a kiss?" Guillermo asked again.
Maya must have ignored him.
Guillermo: "How about a tackle? I'll tackle you," he asked again.
She ignores him some more.
Guillermo: "Do you want a kiss or a tackle," he asked one more time.
She finally relented.
"TACKLE!" she said and then another wrestling match ensued.

I'm still not sure if she did what he wanted her to do, or what exactly it was that he wanted her to do anyway.

1 comment:

michelle t said...

so cute.