Friday, June 27, 2008

Orange Otto

Guillermo's bus trip was cancelled today. Rats. His teacher was sick. I think I might have been more disappointed than he was though. I gave him the option of staying at school to finish his cardboard car or come do something fun with me. He chose me. Of course. 

We explored a new park and Guillermo played tether ball with a kid from a preschool camp while Maya sat at a kids picnic table and played with a girl named Natalie. It was fun, but hot, really hot. And I was tired, really tired. Maya woke up at 1:30 a.m. and didn't go back to sleep on her own for the rest of the night. We slept for 40 minutes at a time and then she woke up for good at 5:30 a.m. Ugh. I'm exhausted. 

This afternoon we went to the comic book store to see if it had any kids comic books. Guillermo loves reading the Spiderman and Superman comics his friend checks out from the library. The store had kids comics, but the Marvel and DC Comics comics weren't as kid-friendly as I was wanted. Instead, we chose a comic book about a cat named Otto who wished that the world was orange. Perfect. Guillermo is not as crazy as he once was about orange, but it's still his favorite and he still wants to move into an orange house and paint his bedroom orange. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Superfriends comic book is good for kids, and there's a paperback reprint of some of the 70s ones.

PS 238 is a great kids' superhero series, about a bunch of kids in superhero elementary school! Give it a try!

Natalie said...

Thanks, Liz. I'll check them out.